So, our just over 2 year old LG TV decided to have multiple backlight failures, so... we were in the market for a new TV. After a little mooch around John Lewis and Currys / PC World we came across the Philips 50" 7800er Series (50PUS7855).
This is a video of me unboxing and doing the initial setup of the TV. I've never dealt with an unboxing of this scale before, so, it's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out.
This has Ambilight 3, which means you can have the rear LEDs synced with the video (or audio), it creates a more immersive experience. Plus you can tie it into your Hue system, and use Hue Colour units to spread the Ambilight even further.
If you have any specific questions about this TV please drop a comment!
If you like specs.. here they are -
• Display: 4K Ultra HD LED
• Diagonal screen size: 50 inch / 126 cm
• Panel resolution: 3840x2160
• Aspect ratio: 16:9
• Picture enhancement: Ultra Resolution, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1700 PPI, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
• Pixel engine: P5 Perfect Picture Engine
Supported Display Resolution
• Computer inputs on all HDMI: up to 4K UHD 3840x2160 @60Hz, HDR supported, HDR10/ HLG
• Video inputs on all HDMI: up to 4K UHD 3840x2160 @60Hz, HDR supported, HDR10/HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), HDR10+/Dolby Vision
• Number of HDMI connections: 3
• Number of USBs: 2
• Wireless connections: Wi-Fi 802.11n 2x2 integrated, Dual Band
• Other connections: Satellite Connector, Common Interface Plus (CI+), Digital audio out (optical), Ethernet-LAN RJ-45, Headphone out, Service connector
• HDMI features: Audio Return Channel, 4K
• EasyLink (HDMI-CEC): Remote control pass-through, System audio control, System standby, One touch play
• HDCP 2.3: Yes on all HDMI
• Video Playback Formats: Containers: AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1, HEVC (H.265), VP9
• Subtitles Formats Support: .SMI, .SRT, .SUB, .TXT, .ASS, .SSA
• Music Playback Formats: AAC, MP3, WAV, WMA (v2 up to v9.2), WMA-PRO (v9 and v10)
• Picture Playback Formats: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, 360 photo, HEIF
Written by Kip Hakes